Top 7 Destination Wedding Locations
Whether it is the perfect option for cutting down the size and budget of your wedding or simply just an excuse to say “I Do” in the exotic locale of your dreams, a destination wedding may be the best choice for you.
Destination weddings are becoming increasingly popular among today’s brides for various reasons, and as you know, the location can make all the difference. If you’re considering a destination wedding (or simply want to gawk at beautiful places), we’ve compiled a list of the 7 best locations for your destination wedding.
(Taken At: Amanusa)
1. Bali, Indonesia: With thousands of weddings happening in Bali every year, there is a reason why it is one of the go-to locations for a destination wedding. Known for its picturesque setting and friendly people, there is definitely something special about this spot. It is the perfect place for all types of budgets, so whether you’re planning a simple wedding or a luxurious grand occasion, you really can’t go wrong with venturing to this beautiful island for your nuptials.
(Taken At: El Faro Aleghero)
2. Sardegna, Italy: There are few places you can find that are more romantic than Italy, so for us to pick just one location was almost impossible! But after a lot of thought, we managed to narrow it down to ever-famous Sardegna, otherwise known as Sardinia. It is the second largest island in the Mediterranean Sea and jaw-droppingly gorgeous. Food, romance and a stunning backdrop, along with the option of saying your vows in Italian? We’re sold.
3. Fiji Islands: Also known as paradise, Fiji is made up of 322 islands, meaning you’ll never be left without choices for the perfect location. Fiji is known for being one of the friendliest cultures you will ever find, and we can definitely attest to that. In fact, I almost couldn’t leave after I personally took a trip to this set of “Smiling Islands.” “Senga na lenga” is one of its most well-known phrases, meaning “no worries,” and trust me, when you’re here, it’s practically impossible to have a bridezilla moment.
Check out one of our all-time favorite locations here on Polka Dot Bride!
(Photo Credit: http://www.luxetravel.com/destinations/europe/greece/santorini/)
4. Santorini, Greece: We have fallen in love with this charming town by the Mediterranean Sea, which never fails to offer beautiful weather and a truly unique landscape that is especially breathtaking at night. And just think, after the wedding’s over, you’ll be in an ideal location for the romantic honeymoon of your dreams!
(Photo Credit and More Locations on Destination I Do: http://destinationido.com/napa_valley_destination_weddings)
5. Napa Valley, California: If you’re a foodie or wine lover, this is undoubtedly the place for you. From the famous wineries to the quaint lodges, Napa offers a quiet, breathtaking panorama to gaze at, along with cuisine prepared by some of the best chefs in the world. I don’t know about you, but we are definitely all for that!
(Photo Credit: http://www.thepassagesamui.com/Weddings.html)
6. Koh Samui, Thailand: Besides being known as the ideal place for tropical beachside weddings, the landscape here makes it truly one of the most exotic and colorful locations we have found thus far. After tying the knot on the beach, you can go elephant trekking in the nearby jungles, along with taking time to explore the flourishing marine life. To say the least, you will have a memorable and unique experience in Koh Samui.
7. Frutillar, Chile: Recommended by locals, Frutillar is a tiny town in Southern Chile that we have absolutely fallen in love with. It is quaint, intimate and oh so lovely! Can you imagine having that as your backdrop as you exchange vows with your husband-to-be? Chile is perfect for the couple that loves an outdoorsy location. Check it out for a beautiful, unique location you and all your guests are sure to adore.
Of course, as amazing as all of these places are, there are plenty of others that are also every bit as incredible! Are you planning a destination wedding? What are some of your own favorite destination wedding locations?